Robot Assisted Surgery
CHRISTUS ST. PATRICK HOSPITAL IS PROUD to bring the da Vinci® SiTM Surgical System to its operating room and to the Southwest Louisiana Community. St. Patrick Hospital is the first in the region to offer this state-of-the-art minimally invasive surgical procedure for prostate removal in cancer patients.
The da Vinci® SiTM has several unique features designed to provide additional clinical benefits and efficiency in the operating room, many of which translate to patient benefits. Here are a few features of the da Vinci® SiTM:
- Enhanced 3D, high-definition vision of operative field with up to 10x magnification
- New optional dual console allows second surgeon to provide assistance
- Superior visual clarity of tissue and anatomy
- Surgical dexterity and precision far greater than even the human hand
- Updated and simplified user interface to enhance OR efficiency
- New ergonomic settings for great surgeon comfort
Together, these technological advancements provide surgeons with unparalleled precision, dexterity and control that enable a minimally invasive approach for many complex surgical procedures.
For qualified candidates, this robot-assisted procedure offers numerous potential benefits over the traditional open prostatectomy and hysterectomy, including:
- Significantly less pain
- Shorter hospital stay
- Faster recovery time
- Less blood loss
- Fewer complications
- Less scarring
Click on the links below to learn more.
da Vinci Si Surgical System
da Vinci Urologic Surgery
da Vinci Gynecologic Surgery